my scrap philosophy

I scrap for me. I would love to do every page and look at it saying "wow, I'm proud of that"...but sometimes pages get done and are just okay.....that's okay! I don't have perfect days everyday, I'm not a perfect mom all the time, and perfect wife...LOL, let's just say I'm no June Cleaver ;) And those last 10 pounds I lost keep finding their way back...life isn't perfect, and neither is every scrapbook page :)



Tuesday, April 20, 2010

ListEn iN: Day One with Tammy...

(Today's post at Adornit's blog!!!)

Day One with Tammy...



I had this series of pictures of my son playing baseball from years ago, and when I saw the Boy Jamboree Collection I knew I had to use it for them! The pictures were each 5x7, so I had to cut them down a lot. I wanted them to go across the page like that so you could see him in action, the concentration on his face, and never mind the fact that my husband remembers this particular swing, and that Hunter actually missed the ball :) I mixed the Boy Jamboree with a little of the Four Wheeler Collection...I love that these papers have elements you can use for other things! The strip of paper down the middle that has stripes is from that collection, as is the green on the banner. I made the banner by cutting some chipboard diamond shapes I had in half. I traced them over the paper and cut, then stitched on the paper, then glued to the chipboard. The orange mat under the photos is the reverse side of one of the Boy Jamboree papers (the reverse sides are just as awesome as the front!). The ribbon is also from that collection. On the main piece of background paper, I used my X-Acto pen to cut part of some of the circles so that I could layer them over the other pieces."

No comments: