my scrap philosophy

I scrap for me. I would love to do every page and look at it saying "wow, I'm proud of that"...but sometimes pages get done and are just okay.....that's okay! I don't have perfect days everyday, I'm not a perfect mom all the time, and perfect wife...LOL, let's just say I'm no June Cleaver ;) And those last 10 pounds I lost keep finding their way back...life isn't perfect, and neither is every scrapbook page :)



Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Vacation Mini Book

My husband got me a "Your Story Photo" mini book binder thing :) for Christmas. I wanted it because you don't always want to do a big book for everything, and I thought this would be good for all those "mini" things...small vacations, things you didn't take a ton of photos of, you know what I mean. So, for my first book(s), I decided to do our summer of 2005...we did a mini vacation in San Diego (which is only a couple hours away from us), and another long weekend in Las Vegas. It ended up being 2 books when I finished, and I did have to reinforce the binding with some glue, 'cause I still made them too thick LOL! Live and learn. I'm not going to bore you with all the pages, but thought I'd just show you some fun tips:
Even though the books come with cute shiney covers, you can still decorate them. Also, you can see I used tabs and stuff that sticks out of the book.
Use a postcard as a page of the book...I pick up postcards all the time now when I go somewhere :)
To fit of photos on a page, I used my circle punch, and cut some of them long and skinny.
I did a "pull out" with five pictures...4 are back to back, and the 5th is the anchor on this page.
And on this page I did a "fan" of 3 pictures.
Thanks for looking!Tammy
supplies:
Your Story Photo Just some ways to fit a lot of picture in a mini album :)lots of scrap paper from my stash (minis are great for scraps)
misc. stickers from my stash

No comments: