my scrap philosophy

I scrap for me. I would love to do every page and look at it saying "wow, I'm proud of that"...but sometimes pages get done and are just okay.....that's okay! I don't have perfect days everyday, I'm not a perfect mom all the time, and perfect wife...LOL, let's just say I'm no June Cleaver ;) And those last 10 pounds I lost keep finding their way back...life isn't perfect, and neither is every scrapbook page :)



Tuesday, April 20, 2010

ListEn iN: Let's Meet our Guest Blogger, Tammy!

(yesterday's post)

Let's Meet our Guest Blogger, Tammy!



Hi, my name is Tammy. I live in Huntington Beach, California with my husband and two of my children who are 16 and 13, Courtney and Hunter. My oldest, Jessica, is 24 and away at college - she graduates next month. I have always loved crafting. My grandma taught me to crochet (which I've forgotten) when I was little, and my mom was pretty crafty and I remember using Tri-Chem as a child with her (those not old enough to remember Tri-Chem, it was fabric paint in the 70's). I dabbled here and there with scrapping, but about 7 or 8 years ago I started doing it a lot more. This was because my middle child was doing 2 to 3 musicals a year...and I was buying tons of photos from the photographer. I met another mom who became my best friend, and she said I needed to start scrapping them. She had lots of supplies, and I had a few, so we got together at her house for a casual crop. I've completed about 5 scrapbooks full of my daughter's musical theatre memories alone. About 3 years ago I discovered groups on MySpace with fellow scrappers, and through them discovered all of the awesome challenges, blogs, and websites which have inspired me to be a better scrapper! I really love how everyone in the scrapbook community share their ideas with other scrappers.

I started a blog, http://alwaystheapprenticehandicrafter.blogspot.com/ , that I use mostly to keep track of challenges. I called it Always the Apprentice Handicrafter because I feel like I am always learning."

No comments: