my scrap philosophy

I scrap for me. I would love to do every page and look at it saying "wow, I'm proud of that"...but sometimes pages get done and are just okay.....that's okay! I don't have perfect days everyday, I'm not a perfect mom all the time, and perfect wife...LOL, let's just say I'm no June Cleaver ;) And those last 10 pounds I lost keep finding their way back...life isn't perfect, and neither is every scrapbook page :)



Tuesday, December 14, 2010

some Christmas gifts...

I've been working on these, and finally finished them all.  Saw the tutorial for these on the Scrapbook & Cards Today Blog AND on the Sassafras Lass Blog...found a seller on ebay for the supplies (and she also had a tutorial), and I came up with these glass tile necklaces (and gift boxes):



 These first three are for my oldest daughter, my sister, and my niece...only I couldn't decide which one for which...so I am going to let them pick based on the box!  Except I'm the one that know's that the box gives a "peek" of sorts as to what is inside ;)




For my mom...I am bummed that the subtley patterned paper doesn't really show...but, I like the way it came out.  This stamp is actually a "MOMENTS" stamp that I cut to say "MOM"...easy peasy!



This one I took a picture of my friend's kids when they were little...this is for my best friend that I've written about who lost her son to cancer this year.  On the back I put a picture of them older...but the hardware for the necklace chain blocks part of their faces...eeerrrggghhhh!  I hope she likes it.

So, both my daughters are very crafty (I love it!).  My oldest wasn't lucky enough to be living at home when I fully threw myself into scrapping, and my middle one has been...especially now that my scraproom is in the middle of the house...part of their playroom/tv room!  I have been training her to "ask before you use", and she's learning, but seems to think that if I'm in bed, it's okay to cut into mom's brand new paper!!!!  But, you can't get mad when she does this for her friend's Christmas presents:


The one on the far left is not finished...it's the back...on the back of each of these she used my little alphabet stamps to stamp each one of their names!  She couldn't wait for me to finish mine so she could see if there were enough glass tiles left to make her's!  Cute, huh?!



No comments: