my scrap philosophy

I scrap for me. I would love to do every page and look at it saying "wow, I'm proud of that"...but sometimes pages get done and are just okay.....that's okay! I don't have perfect days everyday, I'm not a perfect mom all the time, and perfect wife...LOL, let's just say I'm no June Cleaver ;) And those last 10 pounds I lost keep finding their way back...life isn't perfect, and neither is every scrapbook page :)



Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Scrappy Style

At If It's Groovy, our challenge this month is to do a layout using our "scrappy style"



When we were asked to do a layout with our "scrappy style", I struggled a little. I looked up styles, and didn't feel I fit into one sort of style. I change all the time, and go back to old ones, and love finding new styles to try. So I did mine to show my "scrappy formula" LOL! I have things I do on most of my pages no matter what style I use for that layout. 1. Two pagers. I always do two pagers...an old habit that is hard for me to break. 2. Sketches, I love following sketches. Sometimes I use a two page sketch, and sometimes I use two one page sketches that I think work together. I used a Pagemaps sketch for this, and I used it as a suggestion, and changed it up a little. I love Pagemaps :) Sometimes I like to scraplift too...which to me is like using a sketch. 3. I scrap in order. If I'm doing a book, I hate to scrap out of page order (I have OCD, and it hurts my head LOL!). This summer I decided to work on four books at a time, so that I don't get bored, but I still scrap each one in order. 4. I love to embellish, sometimes to the extreme! I love clustering my embellies too!

I used Little Yellow Bicycle and American Crafts on this layout.

(I had some weird foggy - socked in at the coast here - weather and some of my photos haven't been turning out so great, sorry...but TFL)

No comments: