my scrap philosophy

I scrap for me. I would love to do every page and look at it saying "wow, I'm proud of that"...but sometimes pages get done and are just okay.....that's okay! I don't have perfect days everyday, I'm not a perfect mom all the time, and perfect wife...LOL, let's just say I'm no June Cleaver ;) And those last 10 pounds I lost keep finding their way back...life isn't perfect, and neither is every scrapbook page :)



Saturday, November 21, 2009

Drama Queen

I did this week's sketch at Sketchy Thursdays :



My take:




And the story behind my drama queen:

This is my middle child, Courtney.  She was in her first musical at 3 (her big sister was in Annie, and the director knew Courtney since she was born and couldn't wait to put her in a show).  Then at 6 she started doing 2 to 3 musicals a year.  She is 16 now, and goes to a high school with a performing arts magnet program (like the Fame high school, but at a public school that doesn't focus on just performing arts, it's a regular school with an extraordinary arts program).  Picking the pictures was the hardest, being that she's been in so many shows...these are:  Lullaby League (Wizard of Oz), when she was 9;  Tessie (Annie), at 11; and Tiger Lily (Peter Pan) when she was 13.  Being a "drama queen" is her passion.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Love your interpretaion of this sketch! Dont forget to link it up over on our blog at www.scrapbookkitclub.com to be in the running for a small RAK there as well! Thanks for participating!

Diana Fisher said...

I love this page!! How cool is that crown and the lettering?! perfect! Thanks for playing with us!
-Diana, Sketchy Thursdays founder

heidi said...

I love this layout! The "burst" of star paper, everything. Awesome! And I love your post. That's so cool that your daughter has found her passion so early. Thanks for playing along!

- Heidi, Sketchy Thursdays

jennifer said...

Awesome, I love the edge of the star paper, so cute!! Thanks for playing!
Jennifer C. Sketchy Thursday & sbkc dt